17 years old and above
The OBS Leadership and Service Award was introduced to recognise and celebrate youths with outstanding contributions in leadership and service within our community. Currently in its 4th year, this annual Award offers such outstanding youths a scholarship to participate in a unique OBS 21-Day Leadership & Service Challenge designed to sharpen their leadership skills and inspire them to play a more active role in the community.
The brief details of the Award are as follows:
• Successful applicants will be awarded the Leadership and Service Award (LSA).
• A scholarship covering 85% of programme fees for the prestigious OBS 21-Day’s Leadership & Service Challenge accompanies the LSA. Awardees will participate in this signature OBS course as part of the LSA programme.
• The LSA includes a mandatory community service project component during and after the 21-Day’s Leadership & Service Challenge.
OBS 21-Day Leadership & Service Challenge
• A personal development programme internationally recognized by all global Outward Bound centres and educators in the global outdoor sector.
• Multi-element and multi-expeditionary programme that stretches participants beyond their comfort zones, enabling self-discovery and growth beyond self.
• Programme cost (full): S$3,600 | Programme cost (after scholarship): S$540. Fee is nett and includes full boarding and lodging, to be borne by either the participant’s school or awardee.
• Aged 17 – 35 years old
• Substantive sustained leadership and service track record
• Demonstrated experience and desire in addressing issues and influencing change
• Only Singaporeans and Permanent Residents are eligible for the LSA
• LSA award receipients have to be nominated by their respective organisations
Documents for nominating organisations
• LSA Information Kit
If you have other clarification, please feel free to contact OBS at 6545 9008
Adventure Challenge Oman
Date: Feb 2015 REGISTRATION CLOSED
Duration: 11 days
Price: $3,000 per pax (includes all food, accommodation and airfare)
Begin your Arabian adventure from Muscat into the varied landscapes of the Sultanate of Oman. Participants will be surprised by how the coast, bridged by a rocky mountain belt, gives way to the lush dunes of the Al Qabil Desert. Trek across the Jabel Akhder Mountain and meet the local village in Souqrah. Traverse the golden desert and emerald wadis and meet the Bedouins in the day, and camp under the starry sky at night.
This programme promises new terrain and culture that are both challenging and immensely rewarding.
Tel: 6545 9008 (Please request to speak to our Outward Bound Youth unit)
Adventure Challenge South Africa
Duration: 18 days
Price: $4,300 per pax (includes all food, accommodation and airfare)
Spend 18 captivating days exploring the sandstone foothills of the majestic Drakensberg, discover the beauty of one of the largest dams in South Africa and experience the majesty and serenity of the Western Cape. Be surrounded by endless vistas of mountains and bushel, where the only light to be seen at night is starlight. This programme engages participants in a multi-expeditionary adventure in the culturally rich Cape region and brings them in and around the mobile bases of Outward Bound South Africa. The picturesque mountains and rivers create the perfect setting for adventure education and team challenges. The variety of fauna and flora adds beauty to this wild setting.
Dates: 24 Nov - 11 Dec 2014
Tel: 6545 9008 (Please request to speak to our Outward Bound Professional unit)