The OBS Leadership and Service Award (LSA)
The OBS Leadership and Service Award was introduced to recognise and celebrate youths with outstanding contributions in leadership and service within our community. This annual Award offers such outstanding youths a scholarship to participate in a unique OBS 21-day Leadership Development Course designed to sharpen their leadership skills and realise their potential as youth leaders.
The brief details of the Award are as follows:
• Successful applicants will be awarded the Leadership and Service Award.
• A scholarship covering 85% of programme fees for the prestigious OBS 21-Day Classic Challenge accompanies the LSA. Awardees will participate in the 21-Day Classic Challenge as part of the LSA programme.
• The LSA includes a mandatory community service project component during and after the 21-Day Classic Challenge.
OBS 21-Day Classic Challenge
• A personal development programme internationally recognized by all global Outward Bound centres and educators in the global outdoor sector.
• Multi-element and multi-expeditionary programme that stretches participants beyond their comfort zones, enabling self-discovery and growth beyond self.
• Programme cost (full): S$3,600 | Programme cost (after scholarship): S$540. Fee is nett and includes full boarding and lodging, to be borne by either the participant’s school or awardee.
6 - 26 June 2013 (Intake for universities)
7 - 27 September 2013 (Intake for polytechnics)
2 - 22 December 2013 (Open enrolment)
• Aged 17 – 35 years old
• Substantive sustained leadership and service track record
• Demonstrated experience and desire in addressing issues and influencing change
• Only Singaporeans and Permanent Residents are eligible for the LSA
Click here to read what other OBS LSA graduates say!
Click here for the registration form.
If you have other clarification, please feel free to contact OBS at 6545 9008